Applications are currently ongoing for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships enable promising leaders from developing countries to pursue their individual studies here in England.
The Scholarships are to support international students showing outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country. Gates Cambridge Scholarship thus open the way to a world-class student education for emerging scholars from countries with developing educational systems.
Benefits of Scholarship:
$18,200 per year plus tuition for four years.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Hold a study permit at the beginning of the Scholarship funding period
- Be a citizen of an African/developing country at the time of application for admission
- Have shown outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country
- Be starting a program at the UBC Vancouver campus in January 2018, May 2018, or September 2018
- Be starting their first degree
- Students with external funding (external scholarships, third-party sponsorship, etc.) are eligible to apply, but if successful, recipients will have their Gates Cambridge Scholarships funding reduced by the amount of their external funding
What are the selection criteria?
- Academic Excellence (30%) – As demonstrated by academic transcripts, awards and distinctions
- Research Ability / Potential (30%) – Quality of analytical skills, ability to think critically, ability to apply skills and knowledge, judgment, originality, initiative and autonomy, determination, and ability to complete projects within an appropriate period of time—as demonstrated in the description of the degree program and by work experience, research contributions, letters of appraisal
- Leadership in development of civil and sustainable society in home country (40%) – Established record in professional, academic or volunteer work – as demonstrated in personal statement; work experience, community involvement and other extracurricular activities; communication skills; and letters of appraisal.
How to Apply for the Programme:
Students complete application form and request supporting documents (transcripts, letters of reference – see Scholarship application details below).
Tuesday, 6th Nov 2018.